Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Synopsis
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unravel Me was pretty good for a second book in a trilogy. I generally find these cursed 2nd books to drag on a bit with plot/character/world building for the finale to come however this book wasn't bad at all. I am enjoying the direction the book is taking. I'm still a little hesitant just because I don't think I'm on board with ALL of the hype around it, but I will say that I am quite pleased so far. 
~Spoiler Free Review~

Writing: As I said previously in my review for Shatter Me, I think that Tahereh Mafi has a beautiful and different writing style. This holds true in this book. I like her flow and I like her descriptions. This book, like its predecessor, is very character driven but that didn't bother me in this books since there are SO many new characters introduced. 

World Building: I think this book did a little bit of a better job with world building as it was necessary to really grasp Omega. That being said I would have liked to have seen more. 

Characters: Hmmm... I'm torn. Juliet is, don't kill me, starting to get on my nerves. I'm official NOT A FAN of Adam and to top it all of I really don't think I'm in Warner's corner either. Kenji, I like Kenji. That being said, I don't like 3 out of the 4 main characters in a character driven series... Not sure I like my odds for Ignite me! Sad day. 

Plot: I liked that this book was more action packed than Shatter Me! Some fun, unexpected twists that were definitely needed. 

Overall, I am not disappointed but I would not say this is a "must read" like all of they hype around it claims. I wouldn't recommend this to everybody, however Unravel Me is definitely a fantastic read for someone who enjoys YA/Dystopian. If this is something you can't get enough of, then yes. Get out from under your rock and read this series... I liked this storyline better than Shatter Me however I just cannot give it more stars since the characters brought me down. I'm nervous for the next book, I'm not in a great place with this series as of right now. 
---
“Sticks and stones keep breaking my bones but these words, these words will kill me.” 
---

I really liked it???
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you enjoyed this then you may also enjoy: 
10677277 11408650 9462795

No comments:

Post a Comment