Tuesday, April 1, 2014

TX3 - Gateway Books!


The wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish posted another Top Ten Tuesday discussion for today, April 1st, my Top Ten Gateway Books! These are the books that opened me up to try more within these ten genres and, really, have instilled in me my love for reading. 

1) Children's: 
Little House in the Big Woods

2) Fantasy: 
Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone

3) Young Adult: 
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

4) Classic: 
(Romeo & Juliet is a VERY close second!)
Of Mice and Men

5)Romance: 
The Notebook

6) Distopian: 
The Hunger Games

7) Contemporary: 
Anna and the French Kiss

8) Science Fiction: 
Ready Player One

9) Paranormal: 
(probably should be Twilight, but this book REALLY got me interested in this genre!)
The Immortal Rules

10) New Adult
Easy


What were your "Gateway Books" to discovering a love for literature?
What books lit the path for you discovering certain genres?
What do you think of the books I listed above?

No comments:

Post a Comment